Entries are now open for Richmond’s Business Excellence Awards.
Organised by the Original Richmond Business and Tourism Association (ORBTA) and The Company of Mercers, Grocers and Haberdashers of Richmond Yorkshire, the awards celebrate the variety and quality of businesses in Richmond and the surrounding area, along with the people who run them and work in them.
The awards are free to enter and are open to any business or organisation that is a member of ORBTA or that trades in the DL10 area, whether they are a member of ORBTA or not. Entries are submitted via the Business Awards section of ORBTA’s website. Businesspeople are invited to enter the awards on their own behalf and may also nominate other businesses. The public are also invited to put forward their choices for consideration.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Friday 8th March. There are twelve categories, and more than one category may be entered. The categories are:
- Business Chameleon – sponsored by Kiss the Moon
- Best Customer Focus – sponsored by North Yorkshire Council
- Best Employer - sponsored by Market Place Travel
- Best New Business – sponsored by Zetland Estates
- Best Information Technology – sponsored by The Company of Fellmongers of Richmond, Yorkshire
- Best Innovation - sponsored by the Herriot Country Tourism Group
- Best Marketing - sponsored by Richmond Information Centre
- Outstanding Employee – sponsored by Richmond Rotary Club
- Best One Person Business – sponsored by Matt Ball Architects
- Best Market Stall, Indoor or Outdoor – sponsored by Irvings Property
- Environmental Award – sponsored by Russell and Freda Lord
- The Dennis Graves Award for Young Person of the Year – sponsored by Mocha
The Judging Panel will decide the ‘best of the best’ from the business category winners and present the David Doorbar Award for Excellence to the overall winner.
Businesses or organisations interested in sponsoring an award are invited to contact ORBTA. Sponsors receive publicity on ORBTA’s website and in all media activities. They will also receive two tickets to the Awards Ceremony and have the award plaque for their category engraved with their name. This is an excellent opportunity for a sponsor to be involved with Richmond’s active business community and promote their own business or organisation within that arena.
To find out more about becoming a sponsor please contact Paul Harrison, Chair of ORBTA, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards will be presented by Baroness Harris of Richmond at a ceremony at The Station Café Bar on Friday 19th April.